Bristol University feminist abandons video interview on ‘Safe Space’

‘She set herself up for it’

A video interview between a Bristol University Feminist and NOTA, an alternative YouTube channel has been making the rounds on Facebook.

The video, which now has 15,000 thousand views on a channel which normally gets around 1000 views per video, features Bristol Feminist Society’s Social Media Officer Francesca Collins in a five minute interview.

NOTA (None Of The Above) have claimed that the interview was set to be an hour long discussion about the Bristol Feminist Society’s desire to “no platform” speaker Milo Yiannopoulos who is coming to Bristol University in late November to debate gender politics.

The video features NOTA’s Sam Sholli asking Francesca about Bristol University’s safe space policy and the Society’s decision to protest Milo for five minutes before the speaker for FemSoc hangs up, refusing to answer any more questions.

At the end of the video a text that Francesca sent the YouTube channel “Five minutes later” appears:

Ben Kew, (President of the Journalism Society which has invited Milo to speak at the University), originally refused to comment. However he did eventually admit that “she set herself up for it.”

A link to the YouTube video can be found below.