Bristol ladies hope to batter Leeds gals in Hockey #FocusMatch

Bristol Ladies take on Leeds at the Dingle in the eagerly anticipated first round of the National Cup Competition, and this week’s upcoming #FocusMatch.

This week’s focus match sees the Ladies 1’s Hockey team  in a rich vein of form, take to the field against underdogs Leeds.

The Bristol ladies have had a cracking season so far, finishing 3rd overall in the South Premiership League. By contrast, Leeds have struggled coming bottom of their northern Premiership League, but as is always the case in sport no game can be taken for granted, and the lottery of any cup game will surely be at the back of the girls minds.

When asked for her highlight of the season so far, linchpin of the side Cat Melville couldn’t see past their latest match against top of the league Exeter, where they caused an exhilarating upset and battled to a 2-0 victory. In a season where they have also enjoyed good wins against Oxford, Bath and Cambridge, their form is becoming formidable.

Under Captain Cat Melville the girls this year are looking a match for anyone

Cat has a few ideas as to where this surge of success has come from; “We’ve had a very strong intake of freshers this year, and competition for the team has been tight – a squad of 22 with only 16 available places. This has resulted in a really good attitude both on and off the pitch and this has shown in our results both on in BUCS and in our local Saturday league where we are so far unbeaten!”

Leeds came bottom of their North Premiership League so we’re really hoping to perform well on Wednesday and get a good result. With such a strong squad this year we feel like we could do some damage in this competition and it would be great to get a big crowd out for support!”

Come on Wednesday to see if the girls hard work in training has paid off

The game against Leeds University is at 4.15pm on Wednesday at the Dingle; if you’re free come and cheers the girls on, and if you can’t make it, check out our focus match report to see if they have continued their scintillating success!