Image may contain: Smile, Portrait, Face, Person, People, Human

A BU student was strangled in Cameo and then got thrown out of the club

He had confronted a group of men who were ‘groping girls’

Josh Burgess, a Communication and Media student at Bournemouth University, was out with his girlfriend on a Friday night when he witnessed what he says were older men "groping girls" in Cameo nightclub.

In the early hours of Saturday October 13th, Josh tried to protect his friends from these men, which he says resulted in him being strangled and restrained by five older men.

He also said he was "repeatedly pushed into the barrier of the main floor".

Him and his friends were then told to leave the club by security, while the five men were not told to leave.

Cameo club nights are extremely popular among students, locals and visitors in Bournemouth

Josh told The Bournemouth Tab: "With the tear gas incident that occurred a few weeks ago, you would think that Cameo's security would be more wary of their surroundings and what is happening in the walls of their nightclub.

"Whether that is in Bournemouth or back at home, I will not be going out any time soon due to the assault I experienced."

He added that if it wasn't for his girlfriend being there, he could potentially have been attacked to a far worse extent, and that police have received a statement from him.

The police have since informed Josh that they have filed the incident as they cannot move any further with it.

Cameo nightclub told the Bournemouth Tab: "We have not received any requests for CCTV or been contacted by the police, who are also not aware of the allegations being made.

"However, we are working with the customer to try and establish what happened.

"The safety of our customers is our number one priority and we would urge anyone who has concerns on a night out in our venue to report things as soon as they happen, so that we can deal with the situation immediately."

The Bournemouth Tab have contacted Dorset Police for comment on the incident.

If you've seen anything mad happen on a night out please message our Facebook page or email [email protected]. All messages will be kept confidential.