Aber Morrisons crash leaves man and son injured

Their injuries are reportedly not life-threatening

At lunch time today a Peugeot crashed through three bollards outside the store entrance injuring two people.

The cause of the crash is still uncertain but according to Cambrian News eye-witnesses state that an elderly motorist was removed from the scene via ambulance.

The police cordoned off the area with additional police cars, ambulance and even the air ambulance arriving on the scene within minutes.

Speaking to Cambrian News local resident Betty Jones said: “I thought it was a bomb. I heard a big bang. I saw a boy. His father had been knocked down. The little boy was crying. You could hear it from afar.”

Earlier today the police issued the following statement: “At approximately 11.20am a road traffic collision was reported at Morrisons, Aberystwyth.”

It added: “A Peugeot 108 had collided with two pedestrians – one male adult and a child. Ambulance attended. [There are] not believed to be any life-threatening injuries.”

Emergency services have had their hands full in Aber recently, having responded to a fire on Baker Street two weeks previously and rescuing a resident from their flat above the Vale of Rheidol earlier this week.