Dexter signet ring one day

Connell’s chain to Dexter’s signet ring: The thirstiest on-screen accessories of all time

They know what they’re doing

We’ve been spoiled for choice with hot men this decade: Paul Mescal, Jacob Elordi, Leo Woodall, Regé-Jean Page. And there’s one thing which ties each of these heartthrob’s astronomical rises to fame together— a slutty little accessory.

Yup. From Connell’s Normal People chain to Dexter’s One Day signet ring, some silverware is essentially the cherry on top of an already piping hot cake, which guarantees to have the internet in each it-boys chokehold for the foreseeable.

So in honour of our current One Day obsession, here are the thirstiest on-screen accessories of all time, ranked from hot to hit me with your car:

Pearl necklaces – Love Island

pearl necklace love island

Credit: ITV

Something weird was going on during the last winter season of Love Island when all of the boys rocked up in pearl necklaces. First Ron, then Tom, then Will— it was spreading like a disease. Did it up their game? Almost certainly. A sort of Harry Styles tribute act.

Dexter’s signet ring – One Day

Dexter signet ring One Day

Credit: Netflix

Annoyingly, there’s nothing like an arrogant posh boy to make you lose your God damn mind. And as soon as Dexter flashed that signet ring (his watch combo is doing something for us, too) every One Day viewer was toast. Would I snog a Tory? This one, probably, yes.

Felix’s eyebrow piercing – Saltburn

Dexter signet ring One Day

Credit: Prime Video

Yeah Barry Keoghan was OK. But we all know the true Saltburn star performance came from Jacob Elordi’s eyebrow piercing. So 2006 it hurts. Looks like he’d give you a ride on his motorbike then not call you for a month.

The Duke’s spoon – Bridgerton

Dexter signet ring One Day

Credit: Netflix

We all remember where we were the first time we laid eyes on Regé-Jean Page giving this spoon some serious tongue. Lives were changed. Families thrown into disarray. No more explanation required.

Connell’s chain – Normal People

Dexter signet ring One Day

Credit: BBC

And now, let’s bring it back to where this accessory trend first began: Connell Waldron in Normal People. Connell’s chain still has 136k followers on Instagram – four years after the show first aired. To this day, I’m part of a “Chain Boy Survivors” group on Whatsapp.

Does wearing a chain make you a fit boy? No. But if you’re a fit boy and wear a chain, you’re 100000x hotter. That’s just science.

One Day is available to watch on Netflix now. For more like these One Day filming locations and all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.