A rundown of all the historical beef between Selena Gomez and Kylie Jenner

It’s been going on for YEARS

In the last couple of days, everyone has been talking about Selena Gomez and Kylie Jenner seeming to have beef with one another at the Golden Globes 2024.

Selena was apparently caught on video as she gossiped with Taylor Swift, with lip readers jumping in to say she was telling her bestie she’d tried to get a picture with Timothée Chalamet, but his girlfriend Kylie Jenner had said no. I know, truly scandalous.

This has left a few of us wondering where this all came from, and why Kylie was *apparently* so adamant Selena wasn’t to get a pic with her man. So, where did the Kylie Jenner and Selena Gomez beef actually come from?

Kylie Jenner and Selena Gomez

via Instagram @selenagomez

In 2014, Selena unfollowed Kylie and Kendall Jenner on Instagram

Back in the 2010s, Selena was friends with the Jenner sisters. However, after posting photos together at Coachella, Selena was spotted to have unfollowed both Kylie and Kendall on Instagram. Sources told Us Weekly at the time things got “messy” when Selena felt “the Jenner girls were flirting with Justin [Bieber, her then boyfriend] and his crew.”

Khloé Kardashian then appeared to get involved, tweeting: “You want to play in the 20-year-old pool …. Well I’m still in my 20s and I’m better at this game than you. Don’t fuck with my little sisters!”

However, come a few years later it looked like the drama was over, when at the 2018 Met Gala, Selena and Kylie posed for a picture together.

The major beef between Kylie Jenner and Selena Gomez started back in February 2023

Everything then kicked off online when apparently Kylie Jenner made shady comments about Selena’s eyebrows, which she has of course denied was ever the case.

In an TikTok story post in February of last year, Selena showed off her new look to her followers after getting her eyebrows laminated. She said she had “accidentally laminated my brows too much”, and then people noticed Kylie Jenner made a post of her and Hailey Bieber… with a close up of their eyebrows.

It was a bit of a reachy drama, but fans of the girls were convinced it was the start of beef between Selena Gomez, Kylie Jenner and Hailey Bieber. Of course people have always thought there may be tension between Selena and Hailey, as Hailey is now married to Selena’s ex Justin Bieber – and from here it was thought Kylie had joined with her friend.

Selena was then seen liking videos which fuelled the drama further

After all this happened, Selena was then seen liking TikToks that called Kylie and Hailey “mean girls.” This then caused Hailey to get a lot of hate on socials, and people were calling for a mass unfollowing of her accounts. Hailey lost nearly one million Instagram followers over the course of the apparent drama.

The girls themselves spoke out about the gossip, and Kylie said: “This is reaching. No shade towards Selena ever and I didn’t see her eyebrow posts. You guys are making something out of nothing. This is silly.” Selena then said: “It’s all unnecessary. I’m a fan of Kylie’s.”

Then, Kylie apparently refused to let Timothée get a picture with Selena at the Golden Globes

It’s been a wild couple of days, with people going back and forth theorising what Selena Gomez was caught gossiping about with Taylor Swift at the Golden Globes 2024. A video has been shared countless times, and it shows Selena intently whispering to Taylor, with a lip-reading expert saying Selena was definitely gossiping about Kylie Jenner and Timothée Chalamet.

The theory is that Selena was telling Taylor she had asked Timothée for a photo at the event, but Kylie, his girlfriend, had said no. After the saga, a source claimed to People Magazine that Selena was “absolutely not” discussing Kylie and Timothée. However, experts have said otherwise.

I need answers!