Golden Globes drama taylor swift selena gomez emma stone kylie jenner

Bad jokes and table whispers: Every piece of drama from the 2024 Golden Globes

Taylor was not happy

Awards season is well and truly underway and last night’s Golden Globes definitely delivered drama. Alongside unreal red carpet outfits and, of course, a full list of award-winning actors and directors, there were multiple gasp-worthy moments, which left Taylor Swift both furious and flabbergasted in equal measure.

So, in case you need a rundown of every bad joke and lip-reading rumour which emerged from the star-studded evening, here’s every piece of drama from the 2024 Golden Globes:

Jo Koy’s shitty joke about Taylor Swift’s dating life which got zero laughs

To kick off the evening, Golden Globes host Jo Koy joked the Golden Globes was different to the NFL because it had “fewer camera shots of Taylor Swift”. Taylor responded by taking a swig of her champagne with a straight face. And, ironically, the cameras stayed on her all night. Obviously.

Kylie and Timmy stepping out together to hard launch their relationship

After much speculation about Kylie Jenner and Timothée Chalamet’s relationship, they fully hard launched at the Golden Globes by snogging in front of cameras all night long. Some fans were concerned they thought the ad break meant they’d get away without being seen, unaware there was a live stream of the celeb tables being broadcast online 24/7. Smooth.

Selena Gomez telling Taylor that Kylie wouldn’t let her have a picture with Timothée

And the eagle eyed cameras were seemingly catching everyone’s private conversations last night as Selena Gomez – according to lip readers – was seen telling an open-mouthed Taylor Swift that she hadn’t been allowed to get a photo with Timothée Chalamet because Kylie Jenner said no. It was all kicking off.

Emma Stone calling Taylor Swift an asshole backstage after the ceremony

After winning best actress for Past Lives last night, Emma Stone made light of the Taylor Swift chat which had been circulating around the ceremony. “What an arsehole, am I right!? she told reporters. “I’ve known her for almost 20 years, so I’m very happy she was there. She was also nominated tonight, so I’m very happy she was there — but what an asshole.”

Ayo Edebiri saving Jeremy Allen White from more questions about his hot body because it made her uncomfy

After shocking the internet with his unbelievable abs in a new Calvin Klein campaign last week, lots of red carpet questions aimed at Jeremy Allen White were to do with the photos of him in his pants.

But his co-star Ayo Edebiri, who like Jeremy had won an award that night, shut down the endless objectification and physically removed a copy of one of the images from an interview. “You gotta separate the art from the artist!” she said. “That’s my co-worker.”

For all the latest TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook