Selena Gomez Kylie Timothee

Selena Gomez was ‘absolutely not’ gossiping about Kylie and Timothée… apparently

Golden Globes-gate continues

Yesterday, the internet was in meltdown because Selena Gomez was clocked by eagle eyed people on Twitter for allegedly gossiping about Kylie Jenner and Timothée Chalet to Keleigh Sperry and Taylor Swift at a table at the Golden Globes 2024. From various camera angles, it looked like that’s exactly what she was doing. But now a source for Selena Gomez has come out and said what she was NOT doing was talking about Kylie and Timothée. GOT IT?

So, according to videos pieced together by Twitter and two very handy camera angles – Selena Gomez is gossiping to Taylor Swift at a Golden Globes table, along with Taylor’s friend and Miles Teller’s wife Keleigh Sperry. It looks like Selena Gomez is telling them that she asked Timothée Chalomet for a picture, and his girlfriend Kylie Jenner declined and said no. The angle of Keleigh shows her asking “with Timothée?” and Selena Gomez nods. Taylor Swift is open mouthed throughout.

But in an exclusive to People magazine, a source has said that’s not what happened at all. “She was absolutely not referencing anything about Timothée or Kylie.” The source then says she apparently “never even saw or spoke to them.

Selena Gomez is yet to personally address the situation – despite a fan made edit going viral yesterday claiming she clapped back in the Instagram comments, which resulted in PopCrave picking it up and spreading the fake news.

For all the latest TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook