Meet the experts in new Netflix reality show Marriage or Mortgage

They battle it out to try and persuade engaged couples to pick a wedding or a dream house

Netflix has just released a new reality series called Marriage or Mortgage, which sees two experts battle it out to try and persuade engaged couples to invest in what they sell. The engaged couples are introduced to wedding planner Sarah Miller and real estate agent Nichole Holmes. Each of the women can make one of their wildest dreams come true – but not both. The couples make the tough decision between a marriage or a mortgage.

The 10-episode series follows young couples who have to chose if they want their dream home or the wedding of their dreams, because these days you know you can’t afford to have both. It’s like if Selling Sunset met Say I Do – but they were battling against one another.

Sarah and Nichole had never met before the series, and found out in a pre-production Skype call that Sarah was working on the wedding of of Nichole’s best friend. They’ve now become close friends themselves.  Here’s everything you need to know about the two Marriage or Mortgage experts, before you inevitably become hooked on the show.

Nichole Holmes

Marriage or Mortgage, Netflix, experts, Nichole Holmes, work, job

via Netflix

Nichole Holmes is the resident real estate expert on Marriage or Mortage, boasting 13 years of experience in the industry. She currently works as a broker in Nashville for a company called PARKS, where she’s been since 2017, according to her LinkedIn.

Nichole has a degree in radio and television and has been working in the real estate business since 2008. She was a realtor for Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC starting from 2009. Before real estate, she used her degree to host for the Shop at Home network.

She says she’s “sceptic” when it comes to romance, as she’s been divorced twice. That’s why she thinks it makes much more logical sense for the couples in the show to invest in a home.

Nichole, who grew up in Marion, Illinois, is also a former beauty pageant queen who was crowned Miss Illinois in 1995. In the same year, she went on to become the second runner-up at the Miss USA pageant. She still does some modelling work today, and is the face of some adverts.

Marriage or Mortgage, Netflix, experts, Nichole Holmes, Instagram

via Instagram @nicholeholmesrealty

Her Instagram has just over 1,600 followers and she shares lots of pictures of her personal life – including snaps of her daughter.

Sarah Miller

Marriage or Mortgage, Netflix, experts, Sarah Miller, work, job

via Netflix

The second of the Marriage or Mortgage experts is Sarah Miller – one of the top wedding planners in Nashville. She’s the founder of Southern Vine & Company, a Nashville-based interior design and event planning company which specialises in “southern flair.” The website adds: “Large, opulent celebrations are our jam.”

In the series, she describes herself as a “hopeless romantic” and her services are for those who want an “impactful, unique, and one-of-a-kind event”. Sarah got into the wedding planning business after she planned her own wedding 10 years ago. Her career started in interior design, and then she expanded to include events and weddings. The company also does galas, holiday parties, company events and other celebrations.

Marriage or Mortgage, Netflix, experts, Sarah Miller, Instagram

via Instagram @southernvineco

Sarah got married to her husband Chris Miller in 2010 and they have two children together – a son and a daughter. Her company Instagram, Southern Vine & Co, has just over 9,000 followers.

Marriage or Mortgage is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.