2018 was the best of times and the worst of times
Back in the halcyon days of 2017, we thought things couldn't possibly get any worse in 2018 right? Wrong.
There's been so much awful news you have to laugh, otherwise you'll cry. Loads of bad stuff happened in politics, our planet is still dying and we're not doing anything about it, and to top it all off Mac Miller died.
But what about in the warm, safe enclave of UK campuses? Yep, there was still a lot of people being dicks. But there was also some stuff that probably had you scratching your head, baffled, wondering where it all went wrong for us as a society.
The question is, can you remember everything that happened? Why was that Southampton nightclub evacuated? What were those two passed out Edinburgh students caught doing in the middle of campus?
It's time to put your knowledge to the test, in The Tab's Big Quiz of the Year 2018. Thankfully, this one doesn't include Jimmy Carr but does include masturbation and faeces. It is what it is.
And don't worry, we've linked all of the articles at the end so you can reminisce.
In case you missed them this year, here are all the stories included in the quiz:
• A group of students were kicked out of halls at 1am for singing the Wii music
• A Leeds student was caught masturbating in the library toilets last night
• These are officially the unis with the most private school students
• Leeds housemates accidentally owe £19 million to their gas company
• Edinburgh second years were given an exam with the answers written in the paper
• Love Island's Laura quit the villa THREE times, slept on the beach and chain-smoked 24 cigarettes
• The brand new VK flavour has finally been announced!
• Ben from Outnumbered will be a fresher at King’s this September
• Billionaire fresher at St Andrews hires 12 staff to look after her at uni
• Handcuffs, blood and chains: I found a terrifying dungeon in the basement of my Leeds student house
• Southampton nightclub ‘evacuated’ after someone did a literal poo on the dancefloor
• Police called to the Liverpool Uni library after student hoards 20 books and refuses to let anyone borrow them
• Professor emails pic of empty lecture to her 400 English students after no one turns up
• The 42 most soul destroying moments from Zoella’s new book ‘Cordially Invited’
• Two people were found passed out mid-shag on Edinburgh Uni campus
• ASOS now has a line specifically for girls with big boobs!!!