Leeds housemates accidentally owe £19 million to their gas company

Should have got their bills all-inclusive

Five Leeds Uni students accidentally typed in their initial gas readings wrong, and now owe the gas company £19,000,000.

Yes, you read that correctly.

Viktorija Kiselytė posted to Leeds Uni Tickets on Monday night to ask her fellow uni students to fund their catastrophic mistake on gofundme.

Image may contain: Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure

According to one of the housemates, Chloe, their fast track fame on Leeds Uni Tickets has left them "shook" and distracted them from the fear of the consequences of this rather unfortunate mistake.

The five housemates tried to immediately contact their utility provider, Huddle, and failed.

Image may contain: Text, Webpage, File

They now fear that they will end up debtors prison, which they say might just be "a step too far" from the student lifestyle.

Chloe said they must now spend "sleepless night with £19,000,000 in debt hanging over us".

To donate check out their gofundme page.

They've also said that if they resolve the problem it'll go to a local homeless charity.

University of Leeds

The Tab Leeds

last seen today at 04:27

Get breaking Leeds news straight to your WhatsApp.

Find out about the latest insensitive socials, mad shit happening in Hyde Park, and maybe even how to navigate Roger Stevens. Straight into your DMs. 😘