Yesterday, people got stuck in the i360 for an hour and a half

The electric wires of the attraction snapped, leaving the i360 stranded in mid air

On Friday 24th February at 15:30, 127 passengers onboard the British Airways i360 got stuck for an hour and half.

Sources state the break down was caused by electric cable wires snapping, meaning that the attraction will not re-open until at least Monday 27th February.

Visitors onboard were provided with drinks and a treated to a ‘pop-up’ toilet.

@JummersUK on Twitter said:

Images have also emerged of a ‘disgruntled team’ and children being stuck on the pod.

And even showing a member of staff reading from the manual:

A spokesman confirmed the pod experienced a “temporary stoppage” and said flights were suspended for the rest of the day.

Overall, sources state that the experience was stressful but well managed by members of the team onboard and they are working on getting the pod up and running as soon as possible.

This follows after months of stoppages, from generator failures causing the i360 to shut for a week, to electricity shortages.

Speaking to Juiced, the i360 has this to respond:

“The safety and security of our guests is our number one priority and we have evacuation procedures in place.

“These procedures have been developed in consultation with, and approved by, the emergency services.

“Investigations have revealed that a damaged data cable caused the temporary stoppage this afternoon.

“A back-up data cable came into operation and enabled the pod to return to the ground, where passengers disembarked.

“During the stoppage, customers were cared for by the in-pod crew and offered complimentary drinks from the on-board Sky Bar.

“British Airways i360 will close on Saturday 25 and Sunday February 26 while the cable is replaced.

“We are contacting all customers who have booked tickets for this weekend and offering them alternative flights or refunds.

“We would like to thank our customers for their patience and apologise for any inconvenience caused.”