Cam Jam: New Club Comes To Cambridge

, News Editor

The handful of Cambridge clubs is getting a new addition. Get ready for The Jam House in October.

Cambridge is hardly known for its amazing nightlife. But a new club is coming.

No Saints Limited announced that a brand new live music venue will be in Cambridge by October.

The Jam House will be the latest addition to the handful of clubs that exist in town.

The 600-strong capacity club will be constructed around the corner from popular venue The Place.

At the moment the building is an abandoned Gala Bingo Hall on Hobson Street. However Steve Thomas, Director of No Saints told The Tab that in just a few months time the old site will be transformed into “an entertainment base with a good quality restaurant.”

“It’s going to add a different dynamic to Cambridge nightlife.”

Steve Thomas, who was named ‘A big man in the world of nightclubs’ in 2000, tried to set up a burlesque club in the disused building last year. The plans fell through after the Council refused Mr Thomas permission.

This charming jam: A picture of the abandoned Bingo hall

At the moment hopes are high to diversify Cambridge clubs. Louise Johnstone, the new head of Big Fish Ents welcomed the competition.

“It would be very exciting and a great addition to the growing nightlife scene in the town. It won’t cause any problems to Big Fish Ents, we’re a Cambridge institution.”

The Jam House, which has a franchise in Birmingham, isn’t so popular amongst students as it only opens to under 21s once a week. The Cambridge club will be 18+ every night, however.

Jamie Anstruther, a Birmingham fresher told The Tab “They’re trying to go for an up-market student vibe, but no-one really goes.”

Still, Cantabs can’t wait for a new venue to check out. Nick Marshall, a second year Trinity student said “I’m going to conserve my energy now in anticipation of The Jam House. It’s going to be sweet.”

@hshukman
Heard something newsworthy?

Tab Tries: Secret gay dining societies

Four courses, seventy-two gay guys in suits and one debauched evening in the depths of Peterhouse.

Why being single on Valentine’s Day is actually great

No bae to cuddle this Valentine’s? It’s really not the end of the world

Children Solve ADC Mystery

By Enid Q Blyton, Investigative Journalist.

My week in men’s clothes

Apparently everyone’s doing it

What’s the worst lie you told your parents?

‘I was a real sack of shit as a teenager’

, Chief Reporter

I love living in the ‘uncool’ part of Hackney

It’s cheap and occasionally cheerful

, Assistant Editor

London’s nightlife is nothing on a night in a country pub

Take me back to the Black Horse

, Contributing Editor

Getting wasted with Kanye West fans in Notting Hill

To celebrate the release of The Life of Pablo