Cam Jam: New Club Comes To Cambridge

By , News Editor on

The handful of Cambridge clubs is getting a new addition. Get ready for The Jam House in October.

Cambridge is hardly known for its amazing nightlife. But a new club is coming.

No Saints Limited announced that a brand new live music venue will be in Cambridge by October.

The Jam House will be the latest addition to the handful of clubs that exist in town.

The 600-strong capacity club will be constructed around the corner from popular venue The Place.

At the moment the building is an abandoned Gala Bingo Hall on Hobson Street. However Steve Thomas, Director of No Saints told The Tab that in just a few months time the old site will be transformed into “an entertainment base with a good quality restaurant.”

“It’s going to add a different dynamic to Cambridge nightlife.”

Steve Thomas, who was named ‘A big man in the world of nightclubs’ in 2000, tried to set up a burlesque club in the disused building last year. The plans fell through after the Council refused Mr Thomas permission.

This charming jam: A picture of the abandoned Bingo hall

At the moment hopes are high to diversify Cambridge clubs. Louise Johnstone, the new head of Big Fish Ents welcomed the competition.

“It would be very exciting and a great addition to the growing nightlife scene in the town. It won’t cause any problems to Big Fish Ents, we’re a Cambridge institution.”

The Jam House, which has a franchise in Birmingham, isn’t so popular amongst students as it only opens to under 21s once a week. The Cambridge club will be 18+ every night, however.

Jamie Anstruther, a Birmingham fresher told The Tab “They’re trying to go for an up-market student vibe, but no-one really goes.”

Still, Cantabs can’t wait for a new venue to check out. Nick Marshall, a second year Trinity student said “I’m going to conserve my energy now in anticipation of The Jam House. It’s going to be sweet.”

Heard something newsworthy?

By on

Police crash Peterhouse JCR Christmas Party after drunk fresher smashes window

They asked people to come forward or they would personally inspect everyone

By on

Vote Now: Cambridge’s Best Bums 2015

All bums are equal, but some are more equal than others. Help us choose which ones.

By , Chief Reporter on

Confessions: What was your worst Tinder date?

‘He told me he had slept with my ex a few weeks earlier so it was literally a date from hell’

By , Contributing Editor on

What’s more important: Face or body?

Pretty face, average bod > average face, fit bod

By and on

What is the best all-girls school in the country?

‘Millie can I borrow a tampon?’

By , Contributing Editor on

All things considered, doing DofE Gold is quite weird

So many blisters

By on

London’s plubs are the best thing about UK nightlife right now

(It’s a pub and a club mixed together)

By , Contributing Editor on

We asked guys whether they prefer thongs or french knickers

The finer things in life