How to not have a boring bath

Who said you’re too old to play with bath toys?

bath selly oak student the tab the tab birmingham the tab brum university of birmingham UoB

With the endless stress of deadlines, exams, and other uni related horrors, a bath often seems like the best way to relax. However, while many enjoy the blissful relaxation that a good long soak in the tub brings, some find them rather boring.

You may not feel like singing in a bath as you might do in a pouring shower, but there are, in fact, other ways to keep you entertained in the bath tub.

As you steadily get older, you may wish to do a fun activity instead of lying in a tub of warm water, doing nothing. But why not try combining play time with bath time?

A lot of people might prop their laptop up on the toilet seat and watch a couple of episodes of Game Of Thrones, or maybe even read a book. But some of us more childish types are feeling a bit more adventurous.

Here is a list of things to do in the bath to keep you entertained:

Bathketball: Amazon, £5.83

A personal favourite of mine. Simply stick the hoop with its sucky stickers to the end of your bath or against your bathroom wall, lay back and practice your aim. Comes with three basket balls.

Nothing but net.

Once you master shooting hoops, just move it slightly higher to challenge yourself!

Duck Shoot: Amazon, £8.00

If you have had a rough day and want to take your anger out on something, this game is a must. Line your ducks up anywhere around your tub, fill up your water gun, aim and shoot those mother duckers.

Line ’em up.

“You peaked in high school mother ducker”

Hook a Duck: Amazon, £5.95

If you enjoy fishing and enjoy a challenge, this game is perfect for you. It may seem easy, but it takes concentration, practice and perseverance.

Take your aim

And hook!

Submarine: Amazon, £6.99

For those fellers out there who are thinking ‘this is so lame’… there are toys for you too. Buy a few motor boats or submarines and race them. You can get some obstacle hoops involved too!

But at the end of the day all you need is a beer and good friend sitting on the toilet seat to chat to.

Yes, it does seem a bit silly, bath toys for adults. But no one is ever too old to act a little childish sometimes. It is the little, silly, fun things in life that brings a nostalgic feel to you and actually makes you feel very happy.

Especially for us university students, when the work builds up, it can be difficult to find time to play. So, run yourself a nice hot bubble bath, light some candles and get some toys.

If you don’t have a bath, you can purchase large plastic containers off Amazon for £25.