Vote NO: SU are trying to steal Ocean Wednesdays

Andy’s told us the REAL ticket maths

A ridiculous vote has been created to try and move Ocean Wednesdays to the SU.

This isn’t the first time this vote has been proposed. A similar vote was put forward four years ago, however was dismissed after the mighty Trent Army made the right decision, and voted no.

The reason behind the vote is the struggle for sports clubs to get tickets, meaning they miss out on sponsorship income.

The statement also claims that the move to the SU in 2015/16 will bring a higher level of inclusion on Wednesday night and more income for the SU to invest back into students.

King of Nottingham and Ocean owner/legend, Andy Hoe, posted the vote on Facebook last night sending students into a frenzy.

Third year Ben King is willing to take drastic measures if the vote passes.

He said: “This vote is a foregone conclusion, nobody wants to rock up to the SU in fancy dress every Wednesday. If it somehow actually passed, I would drop out of university.”

Dance social sec Matt Langlands is outraged by the suggestion and believes the SU are just trying to make more money.

The second year broadcast journalism student said: “I think that taking the Ocean out of Ocean Wednesday is only going to lose the Student Union money.

“If they’re worried about the attendance of second or third term Oceans because tickets are unavailable from their sports club, then they need to think how much interest they’ll lose from all students by changing the venue.

“The whole reason Ocean attracts so many students is because it’s Ocean.”

King Andy has spoke to The Tab and explained the real ticket situation.

He said: “There is some crazy clamouring for tickets for the first few weeks of term, and the inevitable end of term nights, which will be exactly the same wherever the night is held.

“Last year tickets only sold out completely for the first five weeks of term, and each end of term. So in total eight out of the 30 nights….so pretty much 75 per cent of the year, there are tickets out there unsold.”

It’s a democratic process though. If people don’t vote for Ocean and it goes in favour of the SU it’ll move. It’s up to the people – vote away.”

There are 30 days left to vote, you know what to do.