A lot of porn was watched on campus this summer

We know what uni staff did this summer

Staff must have had a lot of time and erm other stuff on their hands this summer as porn was accessed nearly 300 times from campus computers.

Exclusive figures, obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, have revealed the amount of porn that was attempted to be watched on uni computers over the 89 day summer period.

The dates for the information are set from June 15th to September 11th this year meaning that the only people on campus would be staff and researchers.

Redtube was visited 79 times in just 89 days

A favourite for the randy lot was redtube.com that was accessed a whopping 79 times in just 89 days. Closely followed by xvideos.com which was visited 52 times.

However the most eye opening result of them all is a visit to amatuerzootube.com-a site that features videos of sexual acts performed with and on animals.

Third year student, Victoria Carlin, is disgusted and thinks that porn websites should not be accessible from uni computers.

“Staff can do whatever they like in their own homes, but there should definitely be a block on these websites at university.”

She added: “It’s disgusting, especially if we’re paying for the time in which they’re doing this. Also I hope I’ve not had the displeasure of using any of the same computers. ”

We contacted Trent to find out whats going on.

A spokesperson said: “The university has a robust policy in place which forbids people from accessing offensive and illegal online content. Access to blocked sites can only ever be permitted in special circumstances when it is for legitimate academic or research purposes, and authorised by the university in advance. All year round staff, students and visitors alike have access to our wifi network with up to 100,000 devices connecting per day, of which the university only owns around 7,000.”

True figures may even by higher as the collected information only looked into 20 of the most popular porno websites.