‘I had been spiked with Ketamine. I was going into a k-hole’

Third year, Natalie, was spiked with Ketamine at last weeks Trent Army event

Can you imagine losing 12 hours of your life, with no recollection of anything that happened? This is the situation that all too many students are finding themselves in due to drink spiking.

According to the Uni doctors, three students were spiked over the first two nights of this years Freshers week.

Third year print journalism student, Natalie Kennedy, was one of these unlucky people. On a night out with friends she brought just one drink at Trent Army event at the City SU and remembers nothing else about the night.

Natalie’s Story

Waking up at 8am the next morning to several texts and missed calls, I was extremely confused and soon realised I could barely move.

Taking over 2 hours to actually be able to get out of bed, I managed to ring a doctor.

With blood shot eyes and uncontrollable shaking, I knew that this wasn’t just the usual aftermath. The doctor believed I had been spiked with Ketamine, nearly close to an overdose amount.

I had entered the K-hole.

Natalie was on a night out with friends when she was spiked

I started to try and piece the night together from things friends were saying. I could have only been in the club  for around 40 minutes before I was slipped something.

Spending that day vomiting, hardly being able to move, hallucinating and shaking, it felt like I was close to death.

Luckily, I had no serious injuries except for a ridiculous amount of bruises. However, the horrendous ill feeling stayed with me for a few days  until the entire drug was out of my system.