We only spend £10 a week on booze

Survey reveals we’re not that cool

Either alcohol is cheap or we’re not as fun as we like to think. 

A new survey has revealed students in Nottingham spend less than £10 a week on alcohol.

The Natwest Student Living Index claims we’re as boring as Birmingham and Norwich. while the big spenders go to uni in  Bristol. Even then, they still only fork out a mere £12.90 a week.

The average bottle of supermarket spirit costs around £11, so, leaving many students confused at the results.

Third year student Amal Alloush said her spending habits have got worse throughout her years at Nottingham Trent.

She said: “My spending has always been bad but I just can’t stop now. I’d say I definitely spend more than a tenner on alcohol though, much more.”

Journalism student Zoe Archer added: “I think people are forgetting to include the drinks they actually buy on a night out. I wish I only spent a tenner a week.”

The national average £9.80 a week and students in Nottingham are still spending more that the posh totties at Cambridge who cough up a stingey £6.80.

The statistics looks at the cost of living and spending habits from more than 2000 students from 25 universities around the UK.

Overall Nottingham came 20th when it comes to being economical with their money out of the 25 universities surveyed.

Overall, students in Glasgow spend the least and are the most thrifty.