Everyone wants to come to Trent

We’re up 9 places with loads more students

This week The Sunday Times have released their definitive table of UK universities  and we’ve actually done really well.

The University Guide 2015 ranks unis by taking into consideration a variety of aspects such as student satisfaction and graduate prospects.

We climbed a massive 9 places in the university rankings, moving from 62 to 51 meaning we are now well ahead the likes of Sheffield Hallam, De Monfort and the University of Derby.

Despite Uni of Nottingham being slightly higher than us on league table it seems that they are not actually loving it that much.

Trent are a huge 23 places higher than the ‘brains’ down the road when it comes to student satisfaction, placing us very proudly in the top 40.

Second year fashion student, Emily Lockwood says this is great news and said: “Personally I think being satisfied is a lot more important than anything else.”

In 2013, despite a decline in applications, Trent took on an extra 700 students in comparison to the year before which is one of the biggest increases in enrolments of any UK university in the same year, proving that it really is the place to be.

New SU president Marcus Boswell agrees with us all and believes the worst thing about Trent is the fact that we’re always outranked by University of Nottingham but said: “We still have a great relationship and do lots of charity work together.”

However he believes the reason people come to Trent is because of the variety of ‘subcultures’…