Applications for The Sussex Tab’s next editorial team are open

Applications are open until April 12th

The Sussex Tab is one of the University of Sussex’s top student news publications, reporting on the best student breaking news around Brighton and on campus, and we are now recruiting enthusiastic students for next academic year’s editorial team.

The available positions are: Editor-in-Chief, News Editor, Features Editor, and Social Media Manager. Any student at the University of Sussex is welcome to apply.

As the positions are editorial, some journalism or writing experience is of use. If you’ve written for a blog or any other publication before and are looking for more experience or responsibility then we encourage you to apply.

Our experienced editors will be carrying our training with you to help you settle into your new roles before the new academic year begins.

Being part of The Sussex Tab editorial team will also introduce you to the nationwide Tab community of other students and young writers across the UK.

A breakdown of the roles:

Editor-in-Chief

The editor-in-chief is responsible for overseeing all of The Sussex Tab’s articles. You will be editing articles, writing stories, and supporting staff writers.

You will work with the rest of the editing team, ensuring people have articles to write and keeping up to date with news and events happening on campus.

You will also receive training to support you in your role, managing your team, and producing top articles.

News Editor

As news editor, you will be researching and finding breaking news stories happening in campus and the local area.

You’ll be investigating and writing up exciting and interesting news stories like Sussex students taken to court because they didn’t submit their tax exemption in time.

You will also directly support the Editor-in-Chief in managing articles and writers.

Features Editor

Your responsibility is to write and edit all the fun and witty features for The Sussex Tab.

This role is a great creative outlet to come up with and write funny and engaging articles and quizzes. You’ll also be supporting the writers who are working on feature articles each week.

Social Media Manger

As social media manger, you’ll be regularly updating The Sussex Tab’s Instagram and Facebook pages with memes, new articles, and the best aesthetic pictures of Brighton.

You’ll get to create fun and engaging Instagram stories, interact with our student audience and support writers with call-outs.

If you’re looking for experience in running Social Media Channels, then applying for this role would be perfect for you.

Interested?

If you would like to apply for any of the roles listed above, fill out this google form by Tuesday, 12th April at 4pm. Successful applicants will be contacted in the following weeks, and training will begin early May.

Good luck!