Sussex University opens a temporary campus mobile testing unit for COVID-19

The unit will be on campus for three days

In an email sent to students this morning, Pro Vice-Chancellor Kelly Coate stated that Sussex University campus will have a mobile testing unit which allows up to 400 tests a day.”

Coate informed students that the test unit will be located in the Arts car park as of today an over the weekend.

It was reported that the unit will be there for three days in total. The email went on to state: “The unit is for symptomatic testing and those people requiring the service should book an appointment through the national booking system. This will help any students currently living on campus, who are concerned about having symptoms to seek a test and hopefully receive one onsite.”

The email continued: “The mobile testing unit is purposely positioned on the edge of campus, and close to University residences making it easy for students to access.

“Having a mobile testing unit on campus has been made possible as a result of successful partnership working with the University, local council and PHE. Provision of testing sites in the area is determined by the Public Health Authority working with central government; we will do all that we can to retain the facility on site.”

In the same email, Kelly thanked the students for adhering to the rules of the classroom as the in person teaching continues.