Image may contain: Table, Shop, Shelf, Book, Library, Room, Indoors, Bookcase, Human, Person, Furniture

Seven great study spots in Brighton

For when you’re sick of the library

Being at university, studying is the last thing we want to do. But, when deadlines creep up out of nowhere and you have to get your head down and complete that essay you've been ignoring, a suitable study-space makes everything so much easier. We've compiled a list of the best study spots in Brighton, you're welcome.

Presuming Ed’s Coffee House

This is such a great study space because they’ve got amazing pastries, great coffee and an incredible playlist! This is great for someone who prefers to work in a vibrant environment because not only is it located in the heart of London Road but also the decor is so unique that you could go there every single day and see something new each time. I must warn you, however, that they do have a no laptop policy on a few of the tables but don’t fear there are plenty of other spots around the cafe! They have what seems to be a conference room (that may be open to the public?) as well as a few tables out back that are free for laptop use! They also have a beautiful garden out back that is ideal for an outdoor study sesh on a warm and sunny day.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk4q2pUA1eI

The Jubilee Library

This one is specific for when you’re just sick of Sussex libraries but still want to be in a place that is dedicated to studying. Located in the heart of town on Jubilee street, mere walking distance away from the lanes, this library is the ideal study space for any Brightonian. It’s bright and they’ve got super comfy chairs! Sussex and Brighton students are welcome to use this space. It may not be as available as the Sussex Library since it’s only open from 10am-5pm most days (sometimes open until 7pm), but it’s literally a 2 minute walk away from pizza express and that to me is a big big win!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSWSNmbBaTC

Africa House

This place is the perfect getaway from the dreary Sussex Library because its so bright, the staff is so friendly, the coffee is incredible and the overall atmosphere is so comforting! It makes total sense why this place has been rated 5 stars! The location is also amazing because its only walking distance from The Gym (London Road) and Pure Gym (London Road) so if you want to fit in a quick study sesh before your gym sesh, this is the perfect place. Unfortunately they are closed on weekends and are only open till 5 on weekdays, but hey, you can’t have everything.

Waterstones Brighton

This place is amazing because it’s literally located in a book store, who doesn’t love a good old book store. Many people don’t know that Waterstones actually has a great cafe upstairs where they serve coffee, food and CAKE, for that reason it’s a pretty secret hidden gem. Being located near the Brighton clock tower means that it’s a quick and easy commute for most students but it also means that the store is filled with tourists as well as locals. The atmosphere is amazing, especially if you’re one that likes to work with a little commotion and noise around you.

Coffetzar

This place is an incredible study space! Although, I would argue it’s probably best to save this one for the summer term because the outdoor space is really what makes studying here so great. It’s got a great atmosphere, the food is great and the cakes are soooo good. Despite the name, this place is also known for how good their teas are so if you’re a tea over coffee person this might just be the place for you. So grab your books and highlighters and enjoy this gem of a space.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmDoCKQArtL

The Plant Room

With its homely ambiance and aesthetically pleasing decor it's no wonder this place is a Tab favourite. Its got delicious food and a warm, relaxed modern atmosphere, making it a perfect, and cozy, place to study. Once again, like most cafes, it closes on 6 most days, except Sunday when it closes at 5:30, but it’s still a great place to get your readings and last minute reports in. The staff are super friendly and the laptop access is great. Honestly, I can’t even try to sell this place to you more – go study there, its amazing and you won’t regret it!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnqkVaIAosu

Nowhere Man

This may be the last place on the list but wow it's gem. The vibe is super chilled, it’s dog friendly and sometimes even has live music. It’s definitely the perfect place to go if you like to study in an aesthetically pleasing environment because the decor is so rustic and beautiful. But that’s not even the best part, this place is a PANCAKE restaurant. Need I say more? Yeah, I don’t think I need to. Just go study, get some pancakes, listen to some live music and ditch that idea that studying has to be boring!