Image may contain: Person, People, Human

We went to the new Skint and here’s what it’s like

We will never forget you East Slope

For those of us second and third years lucky enough to have been around for the days of East Slope Skint, we likely remember it as a great cheap night out. Within stumbling distance from our front doors it was the perfect place to get drunk, dance and meet new people.

All of that combined with £2.70 doubles and a trip to the Hatch for drunk food, it was every student's dream. When we saw that Skint was going to live on at Falmer Bar, we all hoped that the spirit of East Slope might still be alive for the new freshers to enjoy.

There had been rumors that the it held more people than Coalition and that the first years were making it their own. Sadly, the whole thing was actually pretty tragic.

Image may contain: Walking, Tango, Leisure Activities, Dance Pose, Dance, Person, People, Human

Room 76 turned 'club' just isn't the vibe anybody is looking for

The main problem with the new location is that it is just too big. Even though there were a decent amount of people, everybody was so spread out that every room seemed empty and dead.

There was probably enough people to have made one room look lively, but most people had opted to sit outside or in the bar, meaning the 'club' area was about as far from the old boiling hot crowded dance floor as you can get.

A few were making a brave attempt to dance, but it wasn't the same. You could still feel the day time café atmosphere, and couldn't help feeling for the staff who would have to clean and set it all up for the people wanting their morning coffee and cake.

When asked what they thought of the new skint, older students tended to roll their eyes and say "Well it's not East Slope is it?" Whereas the freshers sat in the bar didn't seem to have ever heard of Skint or realise Tuesday night was any different from any other.

Image may contain: Text, Handwriting

Some toilet door thoughts on East Slope's last trading day

Just a heads up for anybody planning on going to this event, the poster lies. It says that Skint is in "Falmer Bar and Room 76" and lists the prices, but it's actually only room 76 that does the true Skint prices. This means that loads of people were buying drinks from Falmer and being overcharged all night.

They were also desperately understaffed, with only ten people working both bars, so drinks were slow and staff looked frazzled and stressed. Nobody knew what to do and I think everybody was grateful that it wasn't as busy as the East Slope night.

Image may contain: Clothing, Apparel, Person, People, Human

Living the East Slope dream one last time

It wasn't all bad though, it's hard to deny that the beer garden at Falmer is far superior to the chaos that was the outside of East Slope. But the classier and bigger area means less chatting to strangers that you have to squash onto a table with. The old friendly atmosphere is well and truly gone. But hey, at least you don't have to queue for an hour to get back in after going for a smoke.

To all the freshers that will never experience the true legend of East Slope Skint, we are so sorry! Unfortunately this attempt at salvaging Skint demolished the memories right along with the bar.