Image may contain: Sports, Sport, Person, Human, Cyclist, Vehicle, Transportation, Bike, Bicycle

The ultimate guide to Brighton in the sun

Here comes the sun

It's a tough life living in Britain, especially here by the sea. You've endured what seems like a never-ending winter filled with painfully cold, rainy, dark mornings and even colder, rainier and darker nights.

You may be out of touch with what to do with yourself now that the sun has made an appearance, so here is your ultimate guide to Brighton in the sun.

Have a BBQ in the South Downs

Image may contain: Outdoors, Plastic Bag, Bag, Picnic, Meal, Leisure Activities, Food, Person, People, Human

It's time to whip out the £2 Asda portable BBQ's and chuck on the cheapest meat you and your pals can afford. Its amazing how good a 50p frozen burger can taste once you've got some Kopperbergs in your system.

Image may contain: Person, People, HumanImage may contain: Picnic, Meal, Leisure Activities, Food, Person, People, Human

Watch the sunset

Once your BBQ is over and your bellies are adequately full, crack open a few more cold ones and embrace the idyllic views watching the sunset. Or adventure down to the seafront to encounter how beaut Brighton beach is in the golden hour.

Image may contain: Water, Sea, Outdoors, Ocean, Nature, Coast, BeachImage may contain: Water, Sea, Ocean, Coast, Sunset, Sunrise, Sky, Red Sky, Outdoors, Nature, Dusk, Dawn, Emblem, Cross

Brighton Beach

One of the best things about living in Brighton is having the beach on your doorstep. Take full advantage of this while you can; summer will only last 2 weeks. There's nothing more British than a 99p ice cream or fish and chips looking out to sea, until the seagulls descend upon you, of course.

Image may contain: Water, Sea, Outdoors, Ocean, Nature, Coast, Beach, Crowd, Person, People, HumanImage may contain: Swimwear, Clothing, Bikini, Glasses, Person, People, Human

Also look for your favourite seafront clubs being transformed into daytime cocktail bars. With the tunes blaring and booze in full flow, it will remind you of a somewhat slightly more upmarket strip in Magaluf.

If you're real legends you'll bet your drunkest friend to strip down and take a full body dunk in the sea, which is when you realise it really isn't quite as hot as you thought it was. In fact its border-line bloody freezing.

Image may contain: Person, People, Human

Go to the pier

The pier is just about as 'Brighton in the sun' as it gets, so head down and take some cute snaps of you and your pals looking extra happy with the sun beaming over you.

Image may contain: Back, Building, Bridge, Boardwalk, Person, People, HumanImage may contain: Building, Bridge, Boardwalk, Person, People, Human

East Slope for some food and drinks

With less than 2 months to go until we say farewell to our beloved East Slope, its only right that you go down and give it the recognition it so deserves.

Image may contain: Bottle, Person, People, Human

Enjoy a pint, cocktail or some food with your friends outside on the benches in the sunshine. Get in the full Sussex spirit, it's your last chance!

Image may contain: Crowd, Market, Person, People, Human

Head into the lanes

Theres something about the lanes in the sunshine that make you x1000 happier to be living in Brighton. Whilst you walk down, admiring the vintage shops and trendy people eating and drinking on the benches outside the quirky pubs and coffee shops, it's then that you remind yourself of how lucky you are to live in one of the coolest places in Britain.

Image may contain: Skirt, Miniskirt, Clothing, Alleyway, Alley, Neighborhood, Urban, Town, Street, Road, City, BuildingImage may contain: Person, People, Human

Hire bikes and cycle round Brighton & Hove

For you fitness fanatics out there who can't stand the thought of sitting around doing nothing in the sun for hours, get down to the seafront and hire a couple of bikes and have a ride around Brighton & Hove. Don't forget to stop and take some snaps in front of the Hove beach huts for the perfect summer 'gram.

Image may contain: Vehicle, Transportation, Sports, Sport, Person, Human, Cyclist, Bike, Bicycle, Shipping Container