Concrete Catwalk celebrates its first anniversary

It gets better with age

This week saw the one-year anniversary of Concrete Catwalk, a group dedicated to spotting and sharing the fashion of students around St Andrews. A sought-after goal of many people, the team photographs those students seen sporting anything from retro jackets to blanket-scarves, and everything in-between.

The committee was joined by friends and fashionistas alike at the Adamson Bar, this year’s go-to party venue, for an evening of drinks and style.

Upon entry, guests were asked to pose for the camera before helping themselves to a fruity cocktail or a glass of wine. With great music and even better conversation, Concrete Catwalk brought together a wide array of St Andreans to celebrate a year of noteworthy outfits over drinks and dancing.

The evening took a surprising turn for guests when the lights dimmed and a remix of Kelis’ Milkshake started playing, and models turned the bar top into a runway. In the first guerilla fashion show of the year, and the first I’ve seen in St Andrews, the CC committee wowed guests as models strutted barefoot in flashy dresses and suave suits (sans shirts).

Once all of the models took to the catwalk, the guys threw off their jackets and turned the bar into a dance floor, spicing up a fabulous evening. With free popcorn from ProperCorn and polaroids from the past year of memorable outfits, the night was brimming with happy guests, all dressed to impress.

For those still donning their best outfits for daily expeditions to the libs in hopes of being spotted by the CC photographer, I wish you the best of luck. But it is certain that everyone should keep an eye out for whatever Concrete Catwalk surprises us with next time!

All photographs courtesy of Concrete Catwalk St Andrews.