Preview: Opening Ball

Get set for the first ball of the year

A Tatler feature favourite, The Kate Kennedy Club Opening Ball is one of the oldest and most established events at St Andrews, and is the first major black-tie event of the year.

This year, the event is taking place on the 4th October. Traditionally, Opening Ball gives students in First Year their first taste of the many black-tie events, which become the highlight of social life through out your University career. Set on the historic Lower College Lawn by St Salvator’s Quad, Opening Ball hosts over 1000 students, greeted by Highland Pipers and a Champagne Reception, followed by a night of relentless entertainment including emerging DJ’s and break-through acts from across the UK. For the first time ever Lightbox are hosting a Photo Booth to document the evening. Tickets are on sale at £35 and can be bought online atwww.openingball.com

Now Freshers’ week is over, it’s time to start planning your social calendar for the rest of the Semester, keep an eye out for The Stand’s “Save the Date”, but in the mean time, dust off those bow ties and get excited for what the Kate Kennedy boys have to offer.

Look out for The Stand‘s Ticket give away for what will be an unmissable event!