Apply to be… News Editor!

Breaking news: The Stand wants YOU.

The Stand‘s News Editor is an anchor to our extended team. The News Editor is responsible for breaking the St Andrews news as fast as possible, and before anyone else. Being the News Editor is a considerable time commitment, as he or she must stay vigilant on the lookout for news, as well as be willing to drop everything to write a quick article with the perfect amount of Stand brand sass.

We need someone quick, capable, excellent at time management and savvy with St Andrews life. We need YOU!

Please answer the following questions and email your responses to [email protected] by Saturday, September 20th. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to interview for the position during Week 2.

Name

Year of Study

Course of Study

Why do you want to be News Editor of The Stand?

What prior experience do you possess that you believe will be beneficial as News Editor? 

What do you believe can be improved about The Stand’s news coverage, particularly breaking news?

Do you have any other commitments in addition to The Stand?

Please email [email protected] with any question or concern that pops into your head. Good luck, and get cracking!