Five things to do today

Another day, another five things for you to do

1. Submit your team for H4O’s event Capture the Flag

Tomorrow, the St Andrews chapter of H40, a charity that aims to fund sustainable water systems for villages in developing countries, is hosting Capture the Flag, a tournament involving beer, ice cream and prizes. If you want to take part in what promises to be a fun afternoon of fierce competition and drinking, make sure you submit a team of six by emailing [email protected] ASAP to secure your spot in the contest.

H4O ladies selling water bottles at Rugby 7s

2. Musicians, head for Younger Hall

For the musically talented among you, The Music Fayre is being held at Younger Hall on North Street between 10:00 and 14:00. All the famous St Andrews music groups will be there to answer any questions you may have about getting involved in music at St Andrews and auditioning for specific groups.

3. Another chance to ceilidh dance

If you missed out on the ceilidh in Boys Brigade Hall on Sunday, go along to the Union at 19:00 to try out the traditional Scottish dance. With a live band accompanying dances with names like ‘Strip the Willow’ and ‘The Gay Gordon’, you’re guaranteed a funny, enjoyable evening.

Ceilidh dancing

4. See Mermaids in action

Mermaids are staging their first show of the academic year at the Barron Theatre between 19:30 and 20:30. Go along to experience talented acting and discover the theatrical opportunities open to you.

5. Slip and sweat at Sinners

It’s the first Sinners of the academic year, so make sure you’ve bought a ticket, prepared your sportswear and are ready to drink a large volume of alcohol before hitting up the Union. For those of you who have never been to Sinners before, I warn you, it’s sticky, smelly and brilliant!

Images courtesy of Drew Silverman, Sammi McKee and yesilikethat.wordpress.com