Best of Moyes Memes

All publicity is good publicity – unless you’re David Moyes.

Whilst the departure of the much maligned Manchester United manager David Moyes may be cause for celebration for many of the club’s fans, it is a positive disaster for the internet’s pernicious population of trolls. Moyes has been the main muse of some of the web’s most unoriginal and unfunny memesters, but I have trawled through the countless corny conjurations to bring you the best of the Moyes memes:

Classics:

As my housemate so brilliantly put it: “David Moyes just looks like a victim.” Whether he’s smiling or frowning, he comes across as a man out of his depth. The first Moyes memes truly encapsulated that helplessness and naivety, with these first two examples becoming ubiquitous on facebook and twitter during the tumultuous early stages of Moyes’ tenure:

The first. The original. The best?

Big signing. Big hair. Big flop…

TV Moyes:

Before long, Moyes was being incorporated into adverts and iconic TV shows.

No pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for Moyes in this skittles advert

I wouldn’t ask the audience if I were you, Dave…

Musical Moyes:

United fans had a real dilemma deciding which image was worse: David Moyes’ face on Miley Cyrus’ body, or the Premier League table at Christmas…

Alas, no longer. CV, print, send, repeat..?

Moysly Cyrus…

Movie Moyes

Hollywood is always on the lookout for that next great adventure epic. Would Moyes provide the material? The unlikely hero battling against all the odds to come out on top? Ultimately not, but that didn’t stop people imagining what ‘Moyes: The Movie’ might look like…

United fans just delighted this one didn’t last 12 years…

Robert Neville’s downfall was at least a tad more heroic than the one Phil Neville helped to oversee at Old Trafford

Narrowing down the film nominations to the top two choices was a tall order, so here are some which didn’t make the cut:

101 Formations
The good, the bad and the Cleverley
From Everton with Love

Any more Moyes film suggestions? Comment below with your ideas.