Five things you must do this week…

The best week yet?

Fellowship Applications: It’s always a good week to get involved, so start off with an application for the Fellowship of St Andrews. Having overcome their reputation as deserters of the patriarchy, they now occupy themselves making St Andrews a better place, including projects such as revamping the Legacy Garden and Craigtoun Park, and the 600th finale Ball. If you’d like to get involved with improving Town and Gown relations, firstly you can buy some cake for the grumpy lady who lives next door to me (why won’t you like me, Julie?), then apply via their new website here.

Zombie Auditions: Not a typo. The Goth Kid ’04 inside you is screaming out to apply for a part in possibly the most exciting event ever seen at the approaching On The Rocks Festival – the Zombie Apocalypse. Craigtoun Park (starfields, buses, lol) will be turned into a living, breathing, saw-worthy survival marathon, with participants attempting to transverse an apocalyptic landscape rife with the undead. Convincing zombies are kind of key to the plan, so if you think you have what it takes to play one, auditions are this Wednesday in the salad bowl. The event itself is March 1st, so if I were organizing it I would make sure the ladies returning from DW with melting makeup and vomit-splashed shoes are bused straight into Craigtoun to play a truly wonderful part in the evening. Just a thought.

DW After Party Tickets: …And speaking of FS’s hipster brother-in-law, the proles chance to attend comes this week with the sale of the after party tickets. You heard it hear first – this Friday, at Forgan’s, 3pm – 6pm. The grapevine is also buzzing with some talk of a a brand new venue this year…I repeat, MAYBE NOT KINKELL!! Oh em gee. Be there this Friday for more details.

Entrepreneurship in the Digital Age: On a more academic note (we do need those sometimes, you know), The Carnegie Club are hosting an awesome panel discussion this week, marrying entrepreneurship and technology  and talking about the impact of the internet on business. This will be extremely interesting and useful if you want to go into business, or ever use the internet for anything. So, for everyone, I guess! More info here.

Carnival Ball: Let’s end with a bit of fun, with last year’s hugely successful Prohibition Ball moving time periods and continents to become the Carnival Ball. Carnival style dress is encouraged, and there will be punch, free Janetta’s, DJ Ashton Squires, and performances by the Big Band and University dance teams. Just £15, more info here.

A special mention also goes to some great and worthwhile events that I just couldn’t fit on this week, including On The Rocks volunteer applications, the Under Canvas Launch Party and The Stand’s very own collaboration with Music is Love and STAR – Mungo’s Hi Fi hits the Union on Saturday, with their very own amazing sound system and team of reggae/dub/dancehall DJs. Neat.