How to do Fairytale Hair and Make-up

Hair you go…

Watching Frozen too many times over the holidays made me want to be a Disney princess again. CATWALK model Emily and I revamped our favourite beauty looks from our pre-teen years to create a modern look with a nod to childhood nostalgia.

Sparkly Eye Make-up

Glitter eye shadow is something that everyone needs more of in their lives, so we used a pale shade and added a sophisticated cat eye to make it more wearable.

Step 1:

Apply primer to your eye-lids to create a smooth base for the glitter so that it stays in place all day.

Step 2:

Use an eye shadow brush to apply a glitter eye shadow.  We used Fine Glitter Dust by Barry M in White Gold, which has a lovely texture and is easy to apply.

Step 3:

Apply a coat of black/brown mascara to draw attention to the glitter and make your eyes stand out even more.

Step 4:

Draw a line with liquid eye-liner across your eye-lid starting from the beginning of your eyelashes and finishing midway between the outer-corner of your eye and your eyebrow. When you draw the line, use small strokes for maximum accuracy. Keep some cotton buds handy to remove any mistakes.

Step 5:

Finish by dusting a bit of extra glitter on top of the eye-liner to keep the look fresh.

A Waterfall Braid

This is a hairstyle your ten year old self would definitely have approved of. It works well on short hair, too!

Step 1

Take a section of hair framing your forehead and divide it into three.

Step 2

Braid the sections once in the standard, non-French way.

Step 3

Take the top section of hair closest to your parting and braid it in while adding extra hair, just like you would for a French braid.

Step 4

Drop the bottom section of the braid and replace it with the piece of hair behind it. Then, add this new section of hair into the braid. This is what creates the waterfall effect. Here is a Youtube video to use for reference.

Step 5

Repeat steps 3 and 4 all the way around to the back of your head. Braid the sections of hair tightly in order to keep it neat.

Step 5

Secure the waterfall braid either by making a loose, standard braid with the remaining hair like in the picture above…

Or by adding a sparkly hair clip to match your make-up.

Voilà! A fairytale look for grown-up life.

Image courtesy of http: fashionhoster.com