Review: OktoBEERfest

We would argue that the morning of Oktoberfest is the best of the year… maybe tied with Christmas morning. Waking up to the sound of hairdryers, assorted foreign chanting and […]

We would argue that the morning of Oktoberfest is the best of the year… maybe tied with Christmas morning. Waking up to the sound of hairdryers, assorted foreign chanting and the smell of Bloody Marys is just the best. By 10am we were dressed, drinking, and ready to get verrückt. When we got to Kinkell, the smell of sausage and spilt beer transported us to our very own Munich playground.

Image

Everyone looked great in their German-wear, although we’re not sure they would have been received so well by real Bavarians… Anyway, there were three bars this year which made getting hammered that much easier. Steins were followed by kissing, swinging, singing and prost-ing – and that unparalled (dare we say) ‘yolo’ feeling. Despite our failed attempts to get on stage and live out our German folk-star fantasies, the band killed it Ein Prosit-style. We can verify that the masses (ourselves included) started to actually believe they were German – or maybe German at heart/ just German-at-stomach after all the sausages.

As the day/night wore on, people started to couple off… maybe because they were freezing? Or perhaps because they were curious to know if lederhosen require the same amount of under-bareness that kilts do. If, however, you were like us and had to find thrills elsewhere, there was the ever-loyal ‘La Bamba’ ride that shook us all night long.

Overall, St Andrew Charity Oktoberfest was wunderbar and we would recommend it to all ya’ll. 

‘The Stand’ encourages responsible drinking….

Images  © Kelly Diepenbrock