Elections week update: “like a job interview; with balloons”

It’s been a hectic few days as our future Sabbatical Officers and SRC and SSC Representatives prepare for the war that is Election Season. The world is on their shoulders […]

It’s been a hectic few days as our future Sabbatical Officers and SRC and SSC Representatives prepare for the war that is Election Season. The world is on their shoulders as they prepare the assault. Each man must convince all 7,200 of us that they would be best at organising Freshers’ Week acts, at creating the most fabulous new Union, or at preventing the de-democratisation and/or ensure payroll-style efficiency of the Athletic Union. They will strategize for the Battle of the Library, prepare debates against fellow candidates and organise their propaganda to most efficiently bombard St Andrews civilians with pamphlets and buttons.

With nominations opening early on Monday, St Andrews Election Season started with a bang, with a few keen beans nominating themselves right off the bat. Nominations will continue to come in today. Below is every candidate so far, but don’t expect to see campaign material everywhere until Friday night.

Association President

Alexandra Thornton-Reid

Duncan Dowie

Director of Representation (DoRep)

Teddy Woodhouse

Director of Events and Services (DoES)

Dan Palmer

Director of Student Development and Activities (DoSDA)

Kelsey Gold

Athletic Union President

Stuart Owen

SRC Positions

Max Baldi- Association Chair

Ruth Roberts- Association Environment and Ethics Office

Callum Bryce- Member for External Campaigns

Lindsay Hamel- Member for First Years

Fay Morrice- Member for Students with Disabilities

Hope Gaffney- Member for Widening Access

SSC Positions

David Patterson- Performing Arts Officer (President of Mermaids)

George Parker- Charities Officer

Shelley Talbot- Volunteering Officer

Robert Dixon- Member for Societies Elections

Will Lord- Debates Officer

Check back with The Stand each evening for coverage of the day’s events and a comprehensive list of candidates.

Image courtesy of Annie Newman

Correction: Nominee for Association Environment and Ethics Office Ruth Roberts was incorrectly misprinted as Ruth Palmer.