Under Canvas: Lineup Announced

Remember seeing all those paint-covered lunatics on Raisin? Perhaps you caught a glimpse of the colour explosion that took place on West Sands? Or maybe you were part of it? […]

Remember seeing all those paint-covered lunatics on Raisin? Perhaps you caught a glimpse of the colour explosion that took place on West Sands? Or maybe you were part of it? Under Canvas were just taking off, tantalising our taste buds with the promise of a new, fresh festival style event.

The committee have now revealed the acts for what is tipped to be the hottest event of the year. 2013 brings an incredibly exciting line-up, from our homegrown Moodroom Collective to an exciting London-based folk band, Stokes, William.

UC have also partnered with Elastic Artists to deliver Eliphino and Fort Romeau, two DJs who have been recognized by the likes of Pitchfork and Dazed and Confused, amongst others. Over the past several weeks you may have caught wind of weekly playlists from the committee, so this week The Stand has been given an exclusive playlist of our own. Listen for a snippet of music you’ll hear on the date!

The UC committee are promising us “a night of festival inspired revelry in St Mary’s Quad on Saturday, April 20th”, all with the aim of raising as much money as possible for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.

Ticket sales tba soon but until then be sure to go along to the launch event at Ma Bells tomorrow night. They’ve teamed up with the creative minds over at St.Art magazine to provide guests with a collaborative art project for all those of you who missed out on the paint fight! Get creative, get stuck in and colour your own blank canvas, which will be used as part of the interactive display on the night.

Eliphino – More Than Me

Eliphino – You’ll Know

Stokes, William – Zion

Stokes, William – Waves

Fort Romeau – Jack Rollin’

And of course our very own Moodroom Collective..