Review: The Vic’s on Fire

Last night a “secretly famous” DJ set played at the Vic, turning the hot-spot bar into a club for the evening. This resulted in everyone having a smashing time (literally). […]

Last night a “secretly famous” DJ set played at the Vic, turning the hot-spot bar into a club for the evening. This resulted in everyone having a smashing time (literally). Cheap drinks, awesome beats, and plenty of great company ensured that a fabulous evening was had by all.

The rather unexpected shocker of the evening was the impromptu fire alarm during the prime of the night – the over zealous smoke machines caused the smoke detectors to start up, leading to the entire club evacuating. The braver souls who decided to bear the freezing evening in order to catch more tunes showed testament to how much fun was being had, yet some decided to venture out to further establishments, with most ending up in Ma Bells – by default the after party for the evening.

So all in all, the secretly sexy night was a total blast. With “cool vibes, cheap drinks and only the sexiest people from across the town”, DJ Jekyll & Hyde (unfortunately DJ April Vellacott did not play as advertised) turned Tuesday into the new weekend.