Edinburgh students nominate Beyonce for Chancellor

Edinburgh Uni students have snubbed Princess Anne over her appointment as Chancellor, in favor of a significantly more fabulous option, Queen B herself.  Edinburgh University Students’ Association (EUSA) has passed […]

Edinburgh Uni students have snubbed Princess Anne over her appointment as Chancellor, in favor of a significantly more fabulous option, Queen B herself. 

Edinburgh University Students’ Association (EUSA) has passed a controversial motion backing a “policy against privilege” and has called for Anne to quit her position as University Chancellor. She took over the prestigious role in 2011, succeeding her father, Prince Philip, who had held the title for 50 years.

Student leaders have condemned the way the Princess Royal was appointed through “an unclear and unopposed election” that was also “not clearly publicised” to students. EUSA President James McAsh responded to the passing of the policy with: “It saddens me that the University’s General Council missed an opportunity to reach out to graduates effectively for input into the selection of the public face of the university”.

The EUSA has decided to campaign for Beyonce, a true royal, to take up the post. Sasha Fierce would add a certain wow factor to the second best university in Scotland, as surely getting the Queen of Single Ladies to attend all official university functions wouldn’t be too difficult. Get her on the video-phone and she’d be raring to run the world!

In addition to calling for the resignation of the Princess Royal as Chancellor, EUSA has also declared that it believes there should be no royal family, meaning that the Edinburgh Students’ Association opposes the status of the monarchy in the UK. Maybe Beyonce would be wise to keep away from this one…

Image courtesy of nydailynews.com