The Other Guys release Christmas Video

St Andrews’ pride, joy, and examples of perfectly coiffed hair, “The Other Guys,” are aiming to turn Christmas around and claim the coveted Christmas Number 1 spot this holiday season […]

St Andrews’ pride, joy, and examples of perfectly coiffed hair, “The Other Guys,” are aiming to turn Christmas around and claim the coveted Christmas Number 1 spot this holiday season with their brand new single.

Unlike their past successes, the song is  not a parody, but an original Christmas single. The song is originally written by Mojo-nominated and friend of the group, Oscar Foxley, who also sings lead.

Again deviating from their usual path, the group left the Bubble for the first time to film their accompanying video, heading to the Cairngorm Mountains. Andrew Pattie said “We felt we really needed a special location for the shooting of the video, in order to really capture the Christmas atmosphere, so we went to the Cairngorms, which is one of the most picturesque locations in Scotland.”

The project is not motivated by profit, but out of promotion for the university, as all proceeds will go back into a 600th scholarship fund to help others study at St Andrews. Ted Haxby, the group’s business manager, said about the single, “we feel passionately about helping others gain the chance to experience the opportunities that have been afforded us.”

If all of this wasn’t enough to help spread the Christmas cheer, Principal Louise Richardson encourages everyone to help the cause, saying “the energy, creativity and raw talent of The Other Guys, combined with their professionalism and sense of fun mark them as a group of which the University can feel proud […] I encourage everyone to enjoy their music and to support The Other Guys in their efforts to raise money for such a worthwhile cause.”

Image courtesy of TOG/Alexander Griffiths