The new Union belts its way to the top of the charts

Ever felt like belting out a quick rendition of “Summer Lovin’” with the BNOC in your tutorial? Or perhaps a quick (but awe inspiring) rendition of “My Heart Will Go […]

Ever felt like belting out a quick rendition of “Summer Lovin'” with the BNOC in your tutorial? Or perhaps a quick (but awe inspiring) rendition of “My Heart Will Go On” after an exam sufficiently bests you? As luck would have it, President Freddie Fforde has recently announced that the redeveloped Union will contain a professional-level karaoke booth.

The new nightclub, which intends to hold 600 people at capacity, will house the booth, which will have the ability to turn the entire space into an 80’s style [read: FABULOUS] event. The booth will also be able to operate on its own, separate from any event going on in the new Venue 1.

Karaoke King Freddie Fforde said that “there’s been a lot of opportunity for students to get involved in rebranding,” and this is one of the things he’s often been asked about. Combined with the new large nightclub, this will hopefully rectify St Andrews’ “lack of a real club.”

Image courtesy of USAKaraokeAlliance.com