Ditch the masks and get Under Canvas

Wondered what the exploding paint clouds on West Sands were on Raisin Sunday? Nope, it wasn’t a miraculous storm, nope it wasn’t a huge academic family fulfilling an artistic challenge, […]

Wondered what the exploding paint clouds on West Sands were on Raisin Sunday? Nope, it wasn’t a miraculous storm, nope it wasn’t a huge academic family fulfilling an artistic challenge, it was just the Under Canvas committee celebrating their new event.

Under Canvas, run by the same group that brought you the Masquerade Ball since 2009, have had an extreme makeover, rebranding themselves as a mini festival. This year, they will host DJs and music talent from across the UK, as well as artists and illustrators local to St Andrews.

The paint fight hosted on Raisin Sunday intended to kick off the party, as well as give students an idea of just how vibrant and exciting the event plans to be. The pictures taken during the paint fight will serve as the face of their alliance with the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, the recipient of all money raised during the event.

“We want Under Canvas to provide attendees with something unique, something that they’ll remember long after the night itself is over, whilst also building a lasting awareness about a cause that everyone on the committee feels extremely passionate about.”

Headline image: Tom Whelan; Video: Kelly Diepenbrock