Freshers frenzy at Saints Saturday and Freshers’ Fayre 2012

The Sports and Fresher’s Fayres, both last weekend, proved to be a resounding success. Every St Andrews sport and society turned out determined to shove their flyers into the hands […]

The Sports and Fresher’s Fayres, both last weekend, proved to be a resounding success. Every St Andrews sport and society turned out determined to shove their flyers into the hands of every fresher. 

Both events drew crowds of hundreds of first years, all eager to involve themselves in St Andrews’ exotic cultural life, seek distraction from their raging hangovers, and sample the free chocolate that abounded throughout the Union and Sports Centre. Every interest was adequately represented from Shinty enthusiast and their cries of “50 Shades of Shinty” to Doctor Who Society and its inflatable hugging dalek. However, we still are unable to confirm what caused the horrible, permeating, smell that engulfed the Union. (Probably the Freshers.)

Handing out Stand cards at Freshers’ Fayre brought students face to face with St Andrews’ diverse interests and, perhaps most importantly, something other than a drinking game for the first time all week. 

More photos of Saints Saturday here!