Alex Budman: Chocolate Pizza with Parasca Dragos

Ingredients:   Pizza dough Maple syrup Rolos Cheese Chocolate flakes   Put them all together and TADA! Out comes KFB’s chocolate pizza made by the friendly and hilarious, Parasca Dragos. […]

Ingredients:

Pizza dough

Maple syrup

Rolos

Cheese

Chocolate flakes

Put them all together and TADA! Out comes KFB’s chocolate pizza made by the friendly and hilarious, Parasca Dragos.

Being Canadian, I have a huge affinity for all things sweet and savoury. I think it’s because of my obsession with maple syrup. I swear, it makes everything better! Just drizzle some one your next meal of chicken, potatoes or porridge!

However, I must admit I found this sweet and savoury mixture particularly perplexing, even considering my love for this sort of flavour combination. My taste buds were confused – between the cheese, chocolate, and the caramel, it was a LOT. At the same time, I would wholeheartedly say it is worth trying. (Hey, it’ll probably take less time off of your life than a deep fried mars bar.)

Parasca, originally from Romania, has lived in Scotland for four years and been the manager at KFB for the past three. This recipe comes from the elusive Giovanni, the owner of KFB. Parasca told me that this recipe is often enjoyed by students and out of towners. People from all over head to KFB just to sample a taste of these famous chocolate pizzas. Scotland has some bizarre delicacies, and although chocolate pizza is not technically one of the most famous, people in pursuit of some crazy culinary concoctions seem to love it.

Kinness Fry Bar, more fondly known as KFB (long words are hard to say when your drunk), is a go-to late night drunk eating hub. Parasca has seen more drunk people in his day than the bouncers at the Lizard. More importantly, he has fed and maintained their happiness levels, so Fife council should be singing his praises.

KFB works to use the best ingredients available while keeping prices student friendly and affordable. All in all, this Pizza was bizarre and not something I would recommend eating every day, but definitely worth the experience of trying it.

So be brave, try the chocolate/cheese pizza! You can tackle both of your sweet and savoury cravings in one sitting. If that’s not bang for your buck, then I don’t know what is!

Written by Alex Budman, bystander columnist