Nando’s nosh comes to St Andrews

The stand can reveal that the South African restaurant chain, famous for its Portuguese Peri Peri flame-grilled Chicken and controversial advertising campaigns, is coming to St Andrews. Nando’s has recently announced that they […]

The stand can reveal that the South African restaurant chain, famous for its Portuguese Peri Peri flame-grilled Chicken and controversial advertising campaigns, is coming to St Andrews.

Nando’s has recently announced that they are looking for a Deputy Manager of their upcoming ‘St Andrews (KY16)’ branch in which they invite applicants to, “ignite your career (whilst seriously scorching the nation’s taste buds)”.

Being a town of limited culinary variety this news has overjoyed many. Jonathan Grady, a Second Year said that, “I haven’t been this excited since going to last week’s conservative bonfire on the beach…jokes. This is much more exciting!” while Jake Starkey, a Third Year, was even more thrilled, “I love chicken more than sex, so this is excellent news.”

Nando’s recently made national news (much like us, really) for their latest commercial which involves a lonely Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe, reminiscing about ‘better days’ spent frolicking with the likes of Libya’s Muammar Gaddafi and Uganda’s Ida Amin.