Image may contain: Yew, Tree, Conifer, Female, Person, People, Human, Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora

VP Welfare Candidate Interviews: Iona McPherson

Here’s what she had to say

What made you want to run for a Sabb position?

I’ve previously covered the elections and have overlooked the progression of the Sabbs work, and I think that the position of VP Welfare has such a positive impact on students.

What’s your favourite point in your manifesto?

My favourite point is that I’ll be aiming to make pushbikes available to lease from the Union. It will be both beneficial for students and the environment .

Why are you the best person for this role?

I’m the best person for this role because I’ve needed help from the wellbeing services and so I can relate to those in the same position. I’m also very dedicated and passionate about everything listed in my manifesto and so will do everything I can to make the Union a place built on mutual respect and compassion.

What do you think is currently the weakest area of SUSU?

I think that the weakest point currently is that the help available for students isn’t as well-known as it could be. If there is guide available online (one of my points also), then all students can know where to seek the correct advice at their fingertips!

What are you least looking forward to during your election campaign?

Probably interviews! I’m used to being the one who interviews the Saabs so this is out of my comfort zone.

Snog, marry and avoid: Theresa May, Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn?

Snog May, marry Corbz and avoid Johnson like the plague.

What is your favourite Soton night out?

Ocies. All night every night.

Who is your dream dinner date?

Drake, and I think that’s self-explanatory.