Southampton graduates are the 17th most sought after in the country

Top employers are fighting to get their hands on us

The University of Southampton is one of the top universities targeted by the biggest graduate employers – ranked 17th in the country in the annual Graduate Market report by High Fliers.

Southampton graduates go on to work with a variety of Top 100 employers – including Lloyd’s, BT and Jaguar Land Rover. In the last year, the Careers at Employability Service at Southampton has seen a 57% increase in external exhibitors at their regular careers fair – with more than 40 featuring in the Times Top 100 Graduate employers.

93.9% of Southampton Undergraduates who received their degrees in 2013/14 were in further education or employment six months after graduating, according to the latest Destination of Leavers from Higher Education report. This figure is up by 1% from last year, and is one of the highest out of the top universities.

Perhaps it comes as no surprise that top Graduate Employers are targeting Southampton – with the university rising to 14th in the league table for 2016, and 80% of Southampton students achieving a  2:1 or higher in their degree overall.

Looks like it’s good news all round for Southampton students entering the job market in 2016.