It's Big and it's Coming!

Next week sees the return of RAG’s annual Big Give, which aims to get every student and staff member to donate, using the motto “Give a pound, change a life”. There […]

Next week sees the return of RAG’s annual Big Give, which aims to get every student and staff member to donate, using the motto “Give a pound, change a life”.

There will be events running on and around campus from Monday 27th April to Sunday 3rd May, with the Big Final Party held in The Bridge on Saturday 2nd, aptly followed by a special screening of the Hangover by Union Films the next day.

This year’s Big Give sees the return of favourites from previous years, such as Take Me Out, the Big Bar Crawl, and ComedySoc’s end of year performance – RAGatouille. Amongst other exciting and ambitious additions are Lost and the Southampton Colour Run.

The Big Give is now in its third year, and last year raised £4649.43 in just one week! RAG will be looking to beat last year’s total as they raise money for Solent Mind, Teenage Cancer Trust and WaterAid.

RAG Officer, Jenny Bortoluzzi, had this to say about the upcoming events:

It’s going to be a very busy and exciting week, and I’m looking forward to seeing people get involved in loads of different ways. This year is set to be a challenging yet very promising edition and we are very optimistic that we will beat our previous totals, which will make a huge difference to our charities!

If you want to get involved with this year’s Big Give, then visit the Facebook event page for more details, and to find out how to volunteer go along to RAG’s Big Give Champions meeting on Tuesday 21st April.

Which Big Give event are you most looking forward to? Join the conversation on Twitter using #theBIGgive.