Christmas jumpers are coming!

If you’re a Grinch stay off campus this Friday. On Friday the 12th of December (THIS Friday) Southampton University is having it’s very own Christmas jumper day to raise money […]

If you’re a Grinch stay off campus this Friday.

On Friday the 12th of December (THIS Friday) Southampton University is having it’s very own Christmas jumper day to raise money for Save the Children.

A bit like mufti day at school, but better.

All you have to do is rock that festive woolly on campus and pop some change in a bucket on the Redbrick.

The more outrageous the better (mine has bells on it)!

We caught up with the organiser of the event, Brogan Bonell, a third year Psychology student, to find out why she’s doing it and what we can expect.

I actually got the idea from my sister who went to Kingston University and got everyone on her course to wear a Christmas jumper for a day! So I saw that Save the Children were doing a Christmas jumper day charity event and decided that Southampton Uni could do it better!

Originally I was a bit cautious, as I wasn’t sure if people would want to do it so I only intended it to be a PsychoSoc event. However, a few people told me it was a great idea and to get RAG involved, so I went to Cora Phillips who is RAG campaigns officer and she has helped me organise it all!

It’s for a great cause as Save the Children are doing some great work helping children in Syria right now and those affected by Ebola. Its not JUST sibling rivalry I swear!

We will be on the Redbrick outside SUSU from 10am-3pm collecting donations and selling festive cake goods. My housemate Millie Cassidy has even offered to sell kisses under the mistletoe! People can also donate by texting TEAMUNISOTON to 70050 to donate £2

Brogan looking very festive!

Every pound raised will be MATCHED by the government so don’t be stingy!

Join the event here.

Some students are ahead of the game and are already in the festive spirit, have we spotted you out and about in your Christmas jumper already?

Azaria Coupe, Physics student, looking lovely and cute in her penguin jumper.

Ed Radford clashing with the furniture in The Bridge

Henry Hughes looking very wintery on campus

Look at that sass! Nic Dinsdale in The Drummond Arms

We love Ally Brett’s bobble hat, pink coat and cute penguin jumper combo.

Sam Shepperd rocking his Rudolph jumper in a Geogrpahy lecture

Have you whipped out the Christmas jumper yet? Email us a pic to [email protected] or tweet us @SotonTab. We’ll be out and about on campus snapping pics of you in your festive attire on Friday!