Update: Sex Attack Near Jesters

Update 24/03/2014: A man has been charged with the serious sexual assault of the 19-year-old woman on Ancasta Road in the early hours of Thursday morning.  The 37-year-old man stood […]

Update 24/03/2014: A man has been charged with the serious sexual assault of the 19-year-old woman on Ancasta Road in the early hours of Thursday morning. 

The 37-year-old man stood before city magistrates this morning and has been remanded until April 25th 2014.

Update 22/03/2014: On Thursday, we reported that Ancasta Road had been cornered off after reports of a sex attack the night before.

It has since been revealed that the victim was a 19-year-old woman and the attack happened sometime between 1:30am and 3am on Thursday, March 20th. 

A 37 year old man was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and remains in police custody at this time.

Detective Inspector Liz Williams has said:

We understand the woman had met the man earlier on during a night out with friends in the Bevois Valley area.

There is nothing to suggest there is any greater risk to the community or that people living around the Ancasta Road area should be alarmed.

I would ask anyone with information or concerns to contact us.

Anyone with information is asked to police on 101  or call the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555 111 .

The Soton Tab will continue to keep you updated as we hear more.

A road in the Bevois Valley area has been sectioned off after reports of a sexual attack. 

Ancasta Road, in the Bevois Valley area, has been cornered off by police after reports of a sex attack last night.

The road has been taped off since 7:55am this morning and is currently a crime scene with police officers standing guard.

A team of officers are on site now investigating what happened.

An anonymous woman told the Daily Echo:

I drove past here this morning at half past 6 and the cordon was not here. This area is quite notorious especially late at night, this isn’t unusual.

The Soton Tab will keep you updated as we find out more.