SUSU in Spoof Email Scandal

With just hours left to vote there has been some SUSU scandal as Emily Shepherd falls victim to a spoof e mail scam.  Last night SUSU received an e-mail seemingly […]

With just hours left to vote there has been some SUSU scandal as Emily Shepherd falls victim to a spoof e mail scam. 

Last night SUSU received an e-mail seemingly from Nightline Officer candidate, Emily Shepherd, telling them that she wished to withdraw herself from the race.

It has since come to light that this e-mail was in fact a spoof, it was not from Emily at all and she has NOT withdrawn. 

Emily tweeted earlier today:

In response to the incident SUSU have said:

The independent Returning Officer has decided that the election will continue until the close of voting. After voting has closed, we will then establish if the number of votes cast during the two-hour period (during which Emily was incorrectly marked as withdrawn) could have affected the result. The Returning Officer will then make a decision as to whether to re-run the election, or not. We can only offer our most sincere apologies for what has occurred, and would like to assure all students that we will be taking whatever steps we can to identify those responsible, and we will be notifying the University.