Flood warnings for Southampton as MORE rain forecast for tomorrow

The Met Office has issued two warnings as Southampton is faced with MORE rain over the next three days. The agency has issued a yellow wind and rain warning for […]

The Met Office has issued two warnings as Southampton is faced with MORE rain over the next three days.

The agency has issued a yellow wind and rain warning for tomorrow, with gusts of 60-70mph expected across the south coast.

20mm of rainfall is expected over the next few days, with a further rain warning for Sunday when up to 40mm of rainfall could fall in Hampshire – that’s more than SEVEN TIMES the daily average.

Authorities are expecting flooding problems, especially in areas right by the river, and the Environment Agency has released a map specifying the areas that are most likely to be hit in purple:

Central Station, the Bevois Valley road strip including Jesters and Sobar, and houses at the top end of Portswood Road are all at risk.

If you have any concerns about flooding you can call the Environment Agency’s floodline on 0845 9881188.