Southampton come SECOND in Enactus WORLD CUP

Enactus Southampton won their way to representing the UK in the Enactus World Cup in Cancun and The Tab are happy to report they came second on Tuesday evening! The […]

Enactus Southampton won their way to representing the UK in the Enactus World Cup in Cancun and The Tab are happy to report they came second on Tuesday evening! The student run social enterprise group at the University of Southampton have gone to strength to strength over the past three years. Here’s how they did it! 

In the opening round Enactus Southampton, representing the UK, faced Canada, Morocco and Mexico (the home country). Canada had massive impact figures with their projects and were seen as the main competition and with Mexico as the home country- it was more than likely they would get through to the semi’s. After a nervous wait, Enactus UK got a standing ovation after their presentation on one of their projects SanEco and came top of the league and qualified for the semi’s.

For the semis, the UK was drawn in a league with India, Guatemala and South Africa, this time with only one team going through to the finals. After again smashing their presentation they again won their league and proceeded to the finals- this is the first time any UK Enactus team has made it to the final!

The final was made up on Puerto Rico, Nigeria and Germany and as soon as they were announced they had to present to a panel of around 100 judges, all from big sponsor companies of Enactus such as KPMG, Unilever etc. All the teams were fantastic, and the UK scored second place. This is a massive achievement for Enactus Southampton, making Enactus UK, 2nd in the world out of 34 Enactus Countries represented!

The Enactus Southampton team off to Mexico to represent the UK in the world cup

This is the third year which Enactus Southampton have won their national competition and gone through to the world stages, 2011 in Kuala Lumpur, 2012 in Washington DC and this year 2013 in Cancun, Mexico.

Enactus said

We have exceeded our goal of making it to the finals, and won second place. This is a great testament to all our local and international projects, and to all of our members in Enactus Southampton who work so hard to make change happen in our projects!”

You can like Enactus’ Facebook page here.